SAFe® Release Train Engineer
Presented and hosted by Nitor in association with Value Glide.
Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end delivery trough Agile Release Trains
(ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a
SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding
of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn
how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and
mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the
primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
• RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
• Program and project managers
• Scrum Masters
• Leaders and managers
• Agile coaches
• SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
To perform the role of a SAFe Release Train Engineer, attendees should be able to:
• Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
• Assist with program and large solution execution
• Foster relentless improvement
• Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
• Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
• Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
• Applying SAFe Principles
• Organizing the ART
• Planning a Program Increment
• Executing a Program Increment
• Fostering Relentless Improvement
• Serving the ART
• Continuing Your Learning Journey
The following prerequisites are required for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer
(RTE) certification exam:
• Hold at least one current SAFe certification
• Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
• Attendee workbook
• Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
• One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
• Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
• Exam name: SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer Exam.
• Exam format: multiple choice
• Exam delivery: web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed exam; delivered through
the Community Platform
• Exam access: first attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
• Exam duration: once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
• Number of questions: 60
• Passing scorez; 40 out of 60 (67% pass rate)
• Language: English
• Exam cost: first attempt is free within 30 days from course completion
• Retake policy: second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt
requires a 10-day wait; fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Each retake is $50. Contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
• Renewal fee: $295
• Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if your SPC certification is up-to-date)
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for 20 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project
Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
• Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through
Activity Number T6H2Q6 Duration 3 days
PMI Certification Technical Leadership Strategic Total
PMP® 10 6.5 3.5 20
PgMP® 10 6.5 3.5 20
PMI_RMP® 0 6.5 3.5 10
PMI_SP® 0 6.5 3.5 10
PMI_ACP® 0 6.5 3.5 10
PfMP® 0 6.5 3.5 10
PMI_PBAsm 0 6.5 3.5 10
What's the refund policy?
Value Glide reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend. In these circumstances, you will be notified no later than 7 days prior to the event with a full refund. If circumstances require, presenters may be substituted for alternatively qualified presenters with equivalent experience. Value Glide will not be responsible for any incurred costs.
We offer a 100% refund if you cancel your place more than 15 working days before the event. For cancellations with less than 15 working days before the event, we do not offer a refund, but you will be able to transfer your place.