Cybersecurity overview course enables you to understand various terms in cyberspace, such as cyber risks, threats, vulnerabilities, risk management, and so on. It reviews the impact of several cybercrimes committed over the past few years citing relevant real life case studies and examples.
The course emphasizes on the importance of cybersecurity and provides guidance to senior top management as well as employees on the steps to adopt cybersecurity for an organization. Along with understanding the cybersecurity lifecycle, the course identifies industry standard frameworks and best practices that help an organization to achieve a robust and ****** cybersecurity posture.
CyberCrimes : Concept, Impact and Examples
● Basic terminologies
● Definition of cybercrimes
● What is Crimeware?
● Cybercrimes: Main actors and their motives
● Why do cybercrimes occur?
● When, and where, and how do cybercrimes occur?
● Who are targeted by cybercrimes?
● How do cybercrimes occur? Anatomy of cyberattacks
● Elements involved in a typical cybercrime breach
● Consequences of cybercrimes
● Real life impacts of cybercrimes with case studies
Cybersecurity in focus
● Cybersecurity definition
● Benefits of Cybersecurity
● CyberSecurity considerations for management
● What the Board-of-Directors needs to ask and consider
● Cybersecurity lifecycle
● Cybersecurity frameworks
● NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
● ISO 27001 Cybersecurity Framework
● ISO 27032 Cybersecurity Framework
● COBIT 5
● Cybersecurity best practices and tips for employers and employees
● Cybersecurity vs. Cyber Resilience
Appendix A – Cybercrimes and Cybersecurity: Basic Terminologies
● Understand cyber risks, threats, vulnerabilities, and risk management.
● Understand the impact of cybercrimes with relevant real life case studies/examples.
● Understand what is cybersecurity and its relationship with IT Security.
● Understand what boards of organizations need to ask and consider for adopting or strengthening cybersecurity in their organizations.
● Understand the cybersecurity strategy lifecycle.
● Identify industry standard frameworks and best practices that help an organization to achieve a robust and ****** cybersecurity posture.
● Understand why cybersecurity is not enough today and the necessity of adopting cyber resilience.
● CyberCrimes – Concept, Impact, and Examples
● Cybersecurity in focus
Who can Attend?
The Cybersecurity Overview course is related to the Cybersecurity Foundation course and is developed to help business leaders and IT professionals understand and plan the adoption of NIST CyberSecurity Framework. For example:
● CEO, CIO, CISO and other top management executives
● Relevant administrators and IT managers
● All employees and individuals of an organization, especially those that are working in the cloud or cyberspace environment